Friday, July 01, 2005

2 weeks spent doing nothing but reading

I have basically concluded what area I will look into i.e. face recognition invariant of expressions and time-lapse (after a good quality discussions with my supervisors)

I will continue to use Theo's applications and enhance from there onwards. However, his application is in linux based. I will be doing on windows-based. So much languages to learn such as FLTK, VTK, TCL and so little time. arghh..

Ideas and points to note:
a) Polygonal meshes 3D face surface will be used.
b) Identifying surface space
c) Type of transformation for robust and efficient matching
d) Matching algorithm(s) to be used
e) Recognition - statistical methods (eg PCA)
f) Analysis and results

Tasks for next week:
a) In-depth learning on free-form representation and surface space methods
b)Start with vtk
c) Test and analyse the expression database

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?